It's hard to believe we've been home 1 week today. Gannon has just fit right into our family and seems like he's been here forever! He is a sweet, cuddly little guy and is doing AMAZINGLY well. He has grieved, but has adjusted well and is taking everything in stride.
I know all of you are curious about the sleeping - it's going great. He has slept through the night 2 nights of the 7 we've been home and the other nights has woken up one time, had a bottle, and gone right back to sleep. We are so thankful!! He's taking naps too! We couldn't ask for more.
His eating is going extremely well too. His foster mother didn't give him solids - only a bottle - so I'm sure the fact that we are getting to introduce all these yummy foods is helping with the attachment phase!! He loves all of the food we've given him and gobbles it down quickly. He's also taking the switch in formula (from Korean to American) very well.
He's had his first cold with us and unfortunately it started on the first day that Gary went back to work and the boys went to school. He was left with an evil woman (me) wiping and suctioning his nose all day...I was convinced he would hate me by the time Gary got home from work!
Despite the cold, he has been very happy (except for the nose wiping/suctioning moments) and has loved meeting all of his new family. He greeted everyone with a smile!!
The boys love him - Gavin has been a little more involved than Gareth, but they are still both very sweet with him (and protective). It's a good thing they don't play with the same toys because there would be discord I'm sure!
Thanks to all for your prayers, calls, and the meals too. They have been a HUGE help...even though Gannon is a great little baby, I'm still getting used to the 3 on 1 thing and I can't imagine having to cook dinner too. I've finally put away the laundry from our trip!
I'll post a picture video soon...
Love, Melinda


No comments:
Post a Comment